Love London


Ooh fuck me silly. I get all excited about blogging then dry up again. Lazy fucker that I am. Ok, here’s a run down on what I’ve been up to of late. Because its all about me of course.

Pirate went well up to a point until lots of things went wrong within 10 Minutes. Few dramas we could have done without but had a good booze and boogie after. There will be another one soon. Its going to be huge!!!

Following night went to TDK at Kings Cross which was rather disappointing considering how much cash I spent. Spankrock and Ladytron were good but suffered due to a shit sound system. Atrack great but Simian Mobile Disco tore it up for me-aces. The funky house terrace reminded me how much I hate that genre now and the kind of people it attracts. Vacuous dull folk who are more concerned about looking good and being cool than having a good time. Cack.

Did a number at Trannyshock which is always fun. Happy that the girls there have seemed to accept me and what I do (well the talented lovely ones have. The talent free munters hate me but I don’t give a crap.)
Glendora and I were saying that I’m the ‘Tranny with a Fanny’. Quite like that one.

Hosted Tate Moss in a warehouse near Stratford which was bonkers in a good way. Impressed with Rowdy Superstar, Kat Scratch and Jo Apps. The fabulous and wonderful Patrick Wolf span Black Lace and Whigfield and got me in a right old state. Apparently I was sat on the wall outside screaming that I was a casserole to everyone walking past?! Looking forward top to the next one.

Ended up on the judging panel for Popjustice Pop Tune of the Year at Trash Palace. Unfortunately Hot Chip- Over and Over was being knocked out as I arrived (my fault for being late). Girls Aloud-Biology won in the end (rightly so). Went to Ghetto with Rich and Tom afterwards where we boogied and drank way too much.

Popped to Studio Neon the next day which was fun but way too hot in there. Next day went to see the parents in Hereford. I wanted to do things instead of just sitting in front of the TV so we went fishing (caught nothing but quite enjoyed it-how butch), lunch in Symonds Yat (or Simons Yacht as I like to call it) a walk I the woods (well a roll for my Dad who is wheelchair bound) and a sauna and swim with my Mum. Really enjoyed it despite getting a cold. Always happens when I go to the olds.

Back to London and I went to a fashion party thing at Chinawhites. Clientele largely rich trust fund kids with no style or manners. Was ok but the coked DJ was playing the dreaded funky house so we moved onto Trannyshack. I said to virtually everyone I passed ‘Eeerr you, I’m bringing sexy back’ in a deep Lancashire accent. Where all this eccentricity and bollocks comes from I have no idea.

Fabric on Friday was excellent. Went early to see Duke Dumont (top stuff, one to watch and all that) and danced my arse off a bit too much so early so did my back in a bit. Alan Braxe was ok until he played Stardust and fading down for the chorus. Mmm.
Caught back end of Diplo’s set which was good but it seemed plain wrong to have him in the small room instead of one of the larger ones.
Justice were the highlight of the night and as Rich rightly said ‘Ridiculous‘. Each track getting better and better and they played my favourite tune of the year so far, the Soulwax mix of Robbie Williams - Lovelight (Ravelight Dub). So. So. Good. Need a clean copy.

After little sleep, went to It Came From the Sea at Bardins Boudoir which was ok but its so humid in there with no ventilation and a sucky sound system. Tom, Rich and I were still feeling rough from the previous night but I still ended going back to Jools’ place where there was a party. Had a bit of a mix on the decks, chatted in the kitchen and finally got home about 9. Twat.

Got a pretty busy week coming. Have a few ‘jobs’, having my barnet seen to (they can do what they want to it. I’m going to shave it all off when I loose weight. I said when), enrolling at St Martins for my Fine Art Masters (Fine Art), photo shoot for the cover of New York magazine Gazelland and MC with the Pirate Soundsystem at All You Can Eat and Kashpoint again with the boys on Friday.
Bastard on Saturday and then flying to Bodrum in Turkey for Mistress of Ceremonies action at a gay holiday event (Alternative Holidays). Get a weeks all inclusive holiday so should be fun.

Oooh its all go!!
So glad I moved here.

Audio treats I’m loving at the moment

Robbie Williams - Lovelight (Soulwax Ravelight Dub)
Peaches - Downtown (Simian Mobile Disco Mix)
Sebastian - Ross Ross Ross
Daft Punk - Brainwasher (Erol Alkans Horrorhouse Dub)
Infadels - Love Like Semtex
Girls Aloud - Something Kinda Ooh
Peter Bjorn and John - Young Folk (Beyond the Wizards Sleeve Mix)
Sidney Looper - Rotting Radio Jamz

No comments:

Post a Comment